Skip to main content

FARGO RIDE - THE MOUNTAINS: PART II

 As I was climbing up towards Tin Cup Pass from St. Elmo the colors and mountains became more and more spectacular.  I kept wanting to stop and take pictures, but I also knew I had a long ways to go.



After a few hours of climbing I reached the top of Tin Cup Pass at 12,154 ft.  Not bad considering I started the day at under 8,000 ft.  Overall it was a good climb and I only had to walk a couple of short sections due to the steepness and looseness of the road.  Even with my full load I was still able to out-climb a jeep!  The weather was perfect.  The top of the pass was like a wasteland.



 It was a good thing I climbed Tin Cup from the south, because the north side was much more treacherous.  I had to walk down more than I had to walk up just to make sure I didn't toss myself into some sharp rocks.  It was very loose and rocky from all of the Jeep and four-wheeler traffic.  This picture was by no means the worst of it.



 After descending for about an hour I hit the town of Tin Cup.  It was a really neat little town, but that flag represented the headwind I was about to push.  The easy descent down from Tin Cup turned out to be a lot of work.



 Rush-hour traffic between Tin Cup and Taylor Park Reservoir.  Mooooove!



Almost to Crested Butte.  Just 15 more miles uphill into a headwind to get some dinner!

More to come...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RUNNING WITH THE ADVENTURE DOGS

I often see people talking on cell phones when walking their dogs. They are basically ignoring their dog and missing a great opportunity to bond and witness the joy that dogs find in simple things like running. Dogs have an ability to jump into life with all fours and fully experience their surroundings. We should all be so carefree!

GREAT RIDE

 I had a great ride this evening.  It was one of those rides where I was feeling no pain and it just felt good to go super hard ... and then go harder.  I haven't had a ride like this in at least a month and it felt great!  I was able to snap a couple of pics along the way with the sun setting behind the Flat Irons.

TO WHET YOUR APPETITE

The sunrises in Tuscany were quite spectacular!