Skip to main content

WINTER

We got a nice taste of winter on Wednesday, and luckily I had a 1/2 day of vacation I had to use.  So I took the fatbike out for a stroll in some fresh powder.  I love laying fresh tracks.



The fattie was right at home in the snow and it was great to ride with nobody out on the trails.  I love the smooth silence that riding on fresh snow brings.  It's so peaceful.



It was bitter cold by the end of the ride.  I rode into the darkness and the temps quickly dropped to the low teens with the windchill around zero.  It reminded me of Minnesota, but with a different view.



Comments

phutton said…
Love those Badlands shots! When did you take them? Glad you and "fattie" are having fun in the snow!
Slim said…
I took those a little before Thanksgiving when I made my quick trip up to South Dakota. It was super quiet since there was almost nobody in the park and there was absolutely no wind. Spooky. I'm glad you like them!

Popular posts from this blog

RUNNING WITH THE ADVENTURE DOGS

I often see people talking on cell phones when walking their dogs. They are basically ignoring their dog and missing a great opportunity to bond and witness the joy that dogs find in simple things like running. Dogs have an ability to jump into life with all fours and fully experience their surroundings. We should all be so carefree!

GREAT RIDE

 I had a great ride this evening.  It was one of those rides where I was feeling no pain and it just felt good to go super hard ... and then go harder.  I haven't had a ride like this in at least a month and it felt great!  I was able to snap a couple of pics along the way with the sun setting behind the Flat Irons.

TO WHET YOUR APPETITE

The sunrises in Tuscany were quite spectacular!