Skip to main content

THE MOUNTAINS CALLED ...

... and they told me to go home. That was a rough trip. I got a bit of a late start because the road out of Georgetown was closed for construction in 3-hour blocks. It gave me a bit of time to stroll around G-town and get acquainted with how the bike would ride fully loaded.



While waiting for the road to open I spotted this little fellow (as well as several others) who were enjoying a free breakfast.



It was a beautiful, but difficult, climb up towards Argentine Pass.



Looking back I was rewarded with a nice view, but the road was getting worse and I was walking more than riding, so the fun was fading fast.



I eventually began to feel a bit ill so decided to pull the plug and head back down. I tried to salvage the day by heading up near Leadville to catch the sunset. At the end of the day, it was a good trip.

Comments

phutton said…
Sorry the trip was shortened but you got some great photos out of it!

Popular posts from this blog

RUNNING WITH THE ADVENTURE DOGS

I often see people talking on cell phones when walking their dogs. They are basically ignoring their dog and missing a great opportunity to bond and witness the joy that dogs find in simple things like running. Dogs have an ability to jump into life with all fours and fully experience their surroundings. We should all be so carefree!

GREAT RIDE

 I had a great ride this evening.  It was one of those rides where I was feeling no pain and it just felt good to go super hard ... and then go harder.  I haven't had a ride like this in at least a month and it felt great!  I was able to snap a couple of pics along the way with the sun setting behind the Flat Irons.

TO WHET YOUR APPETITE

The sunrises in Tuscany were quite spectacular!